eXait is a benchmark-like tool to test all the anti-instrumentation techniques presented in the "Dynamic Binary Frameworks: I know you're there spying on me" talk at RECon 2012.
How to use eXait?
eXait comes in two different versions: console and GUI.
In the GUI version you only need to pick the techniques you want to test and hit the "Start Test" button.
eXait has 5 different columns:
- Enable: has the checkboxes to select the anti-instrumentation techniques you want to test.
- Plugin name: the name of the plugin.
- Result: shows whether pin was detected or not.
- Status: indicates if the execution of the plugin has terminated.
- Plugin description: a little description about the technique implemented in the plugin.
In the console version you need to execute eXait in the following way: exait.exe <arguments>
-l: List all available plugins -a: Executes all the available plugins -n: <name of the plugin dll> Gets the name of the Plugin (i.e: detect_by_eip.dll) -d: <name of the plugin dll> Gets description of the Plugin (i.e: detect_by_eip.dll) -p: <name of the plugin dll> Executes the specified plugin (i.e: detect_by_eip.dll) -s: <list of plugins> Loads the plugins indicated in <list of plugins> ((i.e: detect_by_eip.dll detect_by_argv.dll ...)) -f: <filename.txt> Loads a file name with a list of plugins to load (i.e: blah.txt) -h: Prints this help
eXait has a plugin architecture. Each anti-instrumentation technique is implemented in a separated DLL library.
In order to write your own plugin for eXait you only need to compile a DLL exporting the following functions:
#define DllExport extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) DllExport char* GetPluginName(void); DllExport char* GetPluginDescription(void); DllExport int DoMyJob(void);
- GetPluginName: must return the plugin name.
- GetPluginDescription: must return a little description about the implemented technique.
- DoMyJob: this function is the one that implements the anti-instrumentation technique. This function returns one of these values:
- DETECTED: when Pin was detected.
- NOTDETECTED: when Pin was not detected.
- PLUGINERROR: if something wrong happened.
- PLATFORMNOTSUPPORTED: when you are testing a technique under a non-supported platform.
eXait (GUI and console version) and plugins are dynamically linked. You need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) in order to use eXait.
eXait is distributed under a BSD-like license.
eXait was developed by:
You can contact us through email@example.com
- Release date
- License type
- 2-clause BSD
|eXait-v0.1 (presented at ReCon 2012)||DOWNLOAD||.zip||16-06-2012|