/Notice:/ The website http://force.coresecurity.com/ is temporarily down. This project page will host the documentation and downloadables until the site is up again.
What is Core Force®?
CORE FORCE® is a free comprehensive endpoint security solution for Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems. CORE FORCE can be used to:
- Protect your computer from compromises by worms, virus and email-borne malware
- Prevent your computer from being used as a staging point to amplify attacks and compromise others
- Prevent exploitation of known bugs in the operating system and applications running on your computer
- Prevent exploitation of unknown bugs (0-day) in the operating system and applications running on your computer
- Detect and prevent execution of adware, spyware, trojan horses and other malware on you computer
CORE FORCE provides inbound and outbound stateful packet filtering for TCP/IP protocols using a Windows port of OpenBSD's PF firewall, granular file system and registry access control and programs' integrity validation. These capabilities can be configured and enforced system-wide or on a per-application basis for specific programs such as email readers, Web browsers, media players, messaging software, etc.
Please check the Known Issues and the Compatibility List for the current release of CORE FORCE.
To kick start using CORE FORCE, we recommend reading the following articles from our Library:
- Organization of a security profile
- Protecting a program's access to the network with CORE FORCE
If you need help configuring or using CORE FORCE, please refer to our Support area.
- Pentium III, 800 Mhz or higher.
- 128 MB RAM
- 30 MB hard disk
- Windows 2000 Professional or Server Edition, Service Pack 4.
- Windows XP, Home or Professional Edition, Service Pack 1 or above.
- Internet Explorer 5.01 SP4 or above.
CORE FORCE provides tailored configurations for the most common programs.
A task-based, easy to use interface let you change the configuration parameters easily.
You can define permissions for files and directories by browsing your file system.
Whether you want to report a bug, send us any question, or give some suggestions on this software, drop us a few lines at oss@.